Your smile can be one of the first things noticed about you. Yet, many people still don’t put enough emphasis on their oral health. Untreated cavities can cause pain and infections, which can spread to other areas and have serious health side effects.
It’s important to take these proper steps on a daily basis to maintain a healthy mouth and prevent potential health issues.
- Brush Your Teeth at Least Twice Daily – Brushing your teeth after meals is the best way to prevent bacteria from building up on the teeth. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush or an electric toothbrush for the most effective plaque removal.
- Replace Your Toothbrush – every three months.
- Floss Regularly – While brushing is an essential part of your oral care routine, flossing can not be overlooked. Regular flossing helps to remove debris between the teeth, in areas where the toothbrush can not reach.
- Watch What You Eat – Avoiding sugary foods and drinks is a great start to a healthy smile. A balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, and dairy will provide the vitamins and nutrients that aid in strengthening tooth enamel.
- Visit Your Dentist Regularly – It’s essential to continue to visit your dentist twice a year for a check-up and cleaning.
At Weaver, Reckner, and Reinhart Dental Associates, our dentists provide a thorough exam, conduct oral cancer screenings, and advise on which treatment options are the best for you at every visit. If any dental problems are discovered, additional appointments may be required to address the issues before they get worse.
Restorative and cosmetic dentistry allow us to fix structural problems to your teeth, such as damaged, chipped, or missing teeth. With the use of crowns, bridges, dentures, and dental implants, our dentists will devise the best treatment plan to restore your teeth and give you the ability to maintain a natural-looking smile. Our team of restorative dentists is committed to providing our patients in Harleysville and Souderton with the tools needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle, especially their oral health.
If you would like more information on our services or either of our two locations in Montgomery County and Bucks County, you can visit our website at www.gotta-smile.com or contact us at 215-486-1649 or 215-486-1652.