For the past 12 weeks, we have been following all recommendations set forth by governing agencies and public health experts by reducing our office hours, treating only emergency-based dental needs and postponing all non-essential dental care. This process has been an adjustment for all of our doctors, staff and especially our patients. We thank you for your continued support and patience during these uncertain times. Despite the obstacles, we have remained diligent in our philosophy of caring for you and your families to the best of our abilities.
We are happy to report that since the PA Department of Health and CDC have allowed us to perform regular dentistry, we are able to take care of our patients again! As you can imagine, we have an overwhelming number of appointments that need to be rescheduled due to the closure.
So, what does this mean for you?
If you had a routine cleaning previously scheduled during our closure, we will be in touch with you first to reschedule those appointments as soon as possible. If you have an upcoming re-care appointment already scheduled with one of our hygienists, we will contact you to let you know if we are able to keep the time or if we need to reschedule the appointment.
If you are someone that previously had dental treatment scheduled (including fillings, crown and bridge work, implants, etc.), those patients will also be contacted to reschedule appointments accordingly. Similarly, orthodontic patients will be notified to begin rescheduling their treatments. If you have any questions on your treatment, please contact our office.
As always, our top priority is to keep our patients and team members safe. We have instituted several new policies which include staggering appointments allowing for appropriate social distancing, parking lot check in, taking of patient and employee temperatures, and no contact check out. We also ask that anyone who enters our office wear a mask. We have also updated our safety measures and taken every precaution in our office to maintain a safe and efficient dental experience.
New Check-in/Check-out Process
· Parking lot check in to minimize patients in waiting room. Call the office upon arrival and we will let you know when we are ready for you to come in.
· Upon entry, patients should wear a face mask and will have their temperature recorded.
· Paperless updates for any personal and insurance changes. New Patient form on our website can be faxed or e-mailed to our office before appointment.
· Limited contact at check out. Expanded payment options now include: ApplePay, Samsung Pay, Google Pay, Tap to Pay, as well as all other credit cards, HSA, FSA, and Care Credit.
· All high-touch areas are sanitized between patients.
PPE and Safety Measures Update
· All front desk staff are wearing masks. Clear plexiglass shields have been installed as well as distancing markers placed at the front desk area.
· Clinical team members are equipped with KN95 respirators or N95 masks, face shields, gloves and head coverings
· Molekule air filtration units have been installed in every operatory as well as throughout the office. Molekule’s proprietary technology, Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO), works at the molecular level to destroy pollutants, including viruses. PECO is able to destroy pollutants 1000 times smaller than the standard filters must meet to qualify as HEPA.